Job Title: Tanzania M&E Chief of Party
Employer: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Duty Station: Dar es salaam
Application Deadline: 5th Dec 2013
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over eighty-five countries and has implemented over one hundred and fifty projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including education, health, economic growth and democracy & governance.
IBTCI is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for a 3-year program (with additional 2 year option) to improve upon and implement the Tanzania Mission’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system based on the agency’s guidance, policies, and Mission Order requirements.
Technical services provided under this contract are expected to include:
• Proposed activities for the given year;
• Corresponding time frame for implementation of annual activities;
• Detailed budget for implementation;
• Information on how activities will be implemented in a collaborative and coordinated manner with implementing partners;
• Review of the previous year’s accomplishments, problems, and progress towards achieving task order outputs;
• Proposed annual accomplishments and progress towards achieving outputs; and
• Deliverables and reporting schedule.
• Proposed transitioning actions and outputs with clear milestones for existing PEPFAR and FTF Monitoring and Evaluation contracts into the Mission M&E project.
The Chief of Party must have the following qualifications:
• At least 10 years of experience in International Development, including experience and technical knowledge in designing, managing and evaluating multi-million dollar development projects.
• At least 5 years of experience (out of 10 years) should be as a COP or senior field management experience such as Project Director, Regional Director or Country Director roles, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
• Prior experience in supervising long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
• A graduate (Master’s) degree in the field of management, and/or international development. Technical expertise in any of the sectors USAID Tanzania is working on will be an added advantage.
How to apply:
Please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Tanzania Chief of Party”. No phone calls please. Only finalist will be contacted. IBTCI is an equal opportunity employer.