Job Title: Logistics, Procurement and Travel Clerk
Employer: World Health Organization-(WHO)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 11th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists international staff with importation, purchasing and registration of their private vehicles and personal effects;
• Monitors requests for goods and services, including receipt, payment and inventory requirements;
• Procurement and Inventory Management
• Assist with management of supplier creation process;
• Assist with raising requests for Price Estimate for non-catalogue items/services;
• Assist to raise or revise request for procurement of goods and services;
• Assist with acknowledging receipt of goods and services in GSM;
• The incumbent will serve as back up to the team members in similar or different positions within the WCO.
• Travels and Meetings Management
• Assist in raising and managing meeting plans in GSM
• Assist in raising and managing Travel Requests for meetings and official missions;
• Ensure compliance with the Travel Policy;
• Assist with managing administrative arrangements for all weo meetings, missions and travel plans;
• Assist in tracking the implementation of missions' recommendations;
• Assist in the production of reports, statistics, and/or information material when required.
• Completion of Secondary school with training at diploma or degree level on general administrative practices with focus on Logistics, Procurement and Travel Practices, Theories and Procedures.
• Training in UN systems is an advantage
• At least 5 to 7 years of experience in administrative or clerical positions preferably with several years experience in the UN.
• Experience in the areas of logistics, suppliers/procurement and travel management. Good designed in the Global Management System; Good knowledge of GSM System or similar ERP Systems;
• Excellent knowledge of English.
• Knowledge of French would be an asset.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Excel, World, Power Point, etc) with an emphasis on Excel or a similar workbook application.
Salary: GS 5 as per United Nations General Service Scales.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
How to Apply:
Applicants will initially be evaluated based on documentation submitted with the application, then high ranked applicants will be invited for interview.
Therefore, it is essential that applicants submit proof of the required qualifications stated above including a detailed CV, passport size photograph, copies of certificates and testimonials to WHO Representative,
Attention: Operations Officer,
P. O. Box 9292,
Dar Es Salaam,
Tanzania by mail. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Applications by email or fax are not acceptable.
This Application is open to candidates of either sex. Women applicants are encouraged.
Only candidates who meet all these requirements will be considered and shortlisted for test and interview.
Who Has A Smoke Free Environment