Job Title: Communications Officer
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 15th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support SNV Tanzania and the YOASE project team in the development of communications products, including field and case studies, publications, etc.
• Produce professional web features with stories from the field Produce inputs for networking and learning events.
• Engage in contracting for specific communication services (graphic design, translation, printing, photographs, etc.). Promote SNV Tanzania and YOASE through traditional media and social media channels.
• Contribute to liaison with SNV partners and stakeholders.
• Contribute to SNV partnerships and resource mobilization.
• Produce and disseminate a YOASE e-newsletter to the main partners. Maintain the communications files of SNV Tanzania and YOASE office.
Experience and Capacities:
• At least 4 years of relevant experience in communications and public relations.
• Affinity and preferably experience with youth development, and youth focused communication. Demonstrated experience in handling written and electronic publications, social and new media. Experience in audio-visual production will be considered as an asset.
• Experience in content production and editing of materials for written and web publications.
Languages and Other Skills Required:
• Excellent command of verbal and written English, with editing skills for publishing
• Basic knowledge of other languages (Portuguese, Swahili, Kinyarwanda) will be considered an asset Strong interpersonal, negotiation and diplomacy skills
• Sensitivity to work with rural youth
• Creativity and willingness to think "out of the box'
• Ability to plan on work schedules, prioritize activities ‘adapt and deliver high-quality results on tight deadlines
• Willingness to work in a multicultural environment and in a changing organization and the applicant must be a Tanzanian national
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are requested to apply by sending, to TanzaniaHR@snvworld.org with the following documents:
(i) An updated Curriculum Vitae, with three professional references;
(ii) Links to most recent work (portfolio (articles, videos, etc.); and
(iii) Motivation letter (max. 1 page), with salary expectations.
We will only be able to respond to applicants who are shortlisted for interview, and candidates who do not receive any feedback within one month should consider their application unsuccessful.