Job Title: Finance Manager – One Post
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 27th Sept 2013
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University.
For 40 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families.
By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world's most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego is implementing a number of projects in Tanzania and wishes to fill the following positions:
Reporting to theSenior Finance and Administration Manager and supervising Finance officers,
The Finance Manager will have a pivotal role on providing financial and management support to Jhpiego Tanzania Office (related programs) to ensure smooth running of the accounting systems and processes.
The Finance Manager shall supervise day-to-day programs financial operations including, but not limited to budgeting and review of internal control system.
• Degree in Accounting; Finance, or Business Administration - Advanced Degree an added advantage _
• Minimum CPA (T) or equivalent
• Minimum of FIVE (5) years relevant experience in finance or accounting.
• Experience in budgeting and proven budget monitoring skills
• Expertise in Internal control systems, audit and investigations skills
• Financial management and financial reporting skills Knowledge of Generally accepted Accounting principles, GAAP and accounting best practices. Audit and investigations skills
• Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and/or accounting packages.
• Knowledge of US AID regulations would be an added advantage.
• Previous experience with nonprofit organization will be an added advantage.
• Ability to travel up to 40% of time.
How to Apply:
For All Positions- Tanzanian nationals who have previous experience working with an international organization are preferred.
Jhpiego offers a competitive package to the selected candidate in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience. If you feel you are the right candidate, apply in confidence, indicating the post you are applying for on top of the envelope. Please include your up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, covering letter and your salary history. Applications which do NOT include ALL of this information will NOT be considered. The application tobe addressed to:
Human Resources Manager,
PO Box 9170,
Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo road, Victoria – Dar es Salaam,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.