Job Title: IVD Data Clerk
Employer: World Health Organization-(WHO)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 11th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collect, clean, analyze and collate data for measles case-based surveillance, polio surveillance, Hib surveillance, rotavirus surveillance, IDSR and routine immunization coverage in Tanzania.
• Provide feedback to the country and forward to IST/ESA (Inter Country Support Team - Eastern and Southern Africa) and AFRO on a regular basis all data on all immunization programme related activities such as on surveillance, disease outbreak and vaccine coverage.
• Maintain a record of completeness and timeliness of reporting of IVD, IDSR and disease outbreak data from Ministry of Health and Social Welfare to WHO and establish a mechanism. for reminding the country on incomplete and late reports and follow up.
• Support the MOHSW and WHO staff on the use of data management programme (vaccine preventable disease), Epi Info software, mapping software (health Mapper and Map Info) and general data management as well as providing data management support and routine updates.
• Using the health related data collected from the country to produce on regular basis a feedback bulletin
• Provide data management and information technology support to the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and WHO staff.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Essential:Advanced Diploma in IT with background on Mathematics/Statistics
• Desirable:Good knowledge of data management, computer programming, Epilnfo software and working knowledge and vaccine preventable disease.
• At least 2 years work experience, dealing with data management.
• Working in multi-cultural environment.
• Knowledge and experience of working in a health organization.
• Excellent knowledge of English.
• Knowledge of French would be an asset.
Salary: GS 4 as per United Nations General Service scales.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
How to Apply:
Applicants will initially be evaluated based on documentation submitted with the application, then high ranked applicants will be invited for interview.
Therefore, it is essential that applicants submit proof of the required qualifications stated above including a detailed CV, passport size photograph, copies of certificates and testimonials to WHO Representative,
Attention: Operations Officer,
P. O. Box 9292,
Dar Es Salaam,
Tanzania by mail. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Applications by email or fax are not acceptable.
This Application is open to candidates of either sex. Women applicants are encouraged.
Only candidates who meet all these requirements will be considered and shortlisted for test and interview.
Who Has A Smoke Free Environment