Job Title: Hospital Engineer For Maternity Hospital Development
Employer: ELITE CAREERS
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 25th Sept 2013
Duties to Include:
• Good practical knowledge of MEP installations on site including the following: Medical Gases, Specialized Ventilation, Electrical Installations include HV and LV, Mechanical Installations, Lighting, Medical equipment, Chilled water installations, VRF installations, Above and Below Ground Drainage, Autoclaves, Clinical Laboratories, Mortuary services and Sterile Services departments.
• Review of drawings and advise the organization about best practices and ensure that the designs service the organization/MH requirements
• Review site procedures to safeguard the interests of the organization and ensure proper implementation of the design. Monitor all M&E activities in order to safeguard the quality of installation
• Manage ,train and supervise a small team of technicians both electrical and mechanical
• Authorizing Engineering standards as defined by the Health Technical Memorandum
• Inspect the site to ensure that the installations of medical gases, ventilation, lighting, equipment and so forth are completed as per approved drawings, and submittals and best installation practices and inform the management any problems detrimental to project time table and completion and cost;
• Assist and undertake critical testing and commission activities with contractors and consultants.
• Attend site meetings and submit reports.
Work Experience / Skills:
• Over 5 – 10 years professional experience and good understanding and working knowledge of the health Technical Memorandums, Health Building Notes
• A good understanding and working knowledge of International Standards applicable to hospital environments
• Hands on experience of managing tight budgets and delivering a good standard of maintenance management
• Experience working in East or Southern Africa
• Holder of either Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Higher Diploma in construction
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
• Degree in Building Services Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering
• Chartered Engineer or suitable experience within the Hospital Engineering Sector
• Hold an Approved Persons Certificate for Medical Gases, or other suitable international standard
• 2 years employment contract
How to Apply:
Please submit your curriculum vitae with two references to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted