Job Title: General Manager
Employer: Mufindi Community Bank Ltd.
Duty Station: Mufindi, Mafinga
Application Deadline: 15th Oct 2013
Responsibilities and Duties:
The GM is the overall in charge of implementation and realization of the mission and vision of the bank in order to achieve its strategic goals and objectives. He/She is therefore the overall manager of daily operations with power to make final decisions at the management level.
Additionally, the GM:
• Ensures that there is an appropriate financial system which is properly maintained for effective and efficient operations of the bank.
• Ensures that the bank develops and recommends to the Board of Directors all the plans and strategies so as to realize the objectives of the bank.
• Ensures that there are adequate strategies for deposit mobilization to meet the investment needs of the bank.
• Ensures that lending activities are implemented professionally and that there is adequate loan supervision so that repayments are prompt and in sufficient levels while PAR is maintained at acceptable low levels.
• Coordinates and assesses the performance of the bank as a whole in order to make appropriate changes in strategies and resources when needed.
• Facilitates the recruitment of competent staff and enhance motivation and communication, coupled with building relevant culture.
• Ensures compliance with laws, rules and regulations of relevant authorities including directives of Board and the Bank of Tanzania.
• Keeps the board well informed on various matters and providing recommendations for appropriate actions.
• Acts as spokesman of the institution at the management level and ensures good image of the bank is portrayed to the public.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by Board from time to time.
Required Competencies and Attributes:
• At least a Bachelor Degree or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, Banking, Economics or related subjects. Candidates with postgraduate qualification will be preferred.
• Minimum of seven years professional working experience in a bank or financial institution, five of which must be at Senior Management Level.
• Comprehensive knowledge of credit management and good experience in microfinance techniques
• High integrity with strong public relation skills
• Computer literacy, particularly in spreadsheets, Ms. Word and banking software. Good knowledge of Assets and Liability management.
• Ability to build results oriented management team.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates for this post should send their application letters accompanied by Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names and contacts of at least three referees to:
The Board Chairman,
Mufindi Community Bank Ltd,
P.O. Box 147,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.