Job Title: Manager,Fleet
Employer: Enrich Africa
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 30th Sept 2013
• Reports to the General Manager.
• Develop and administer an annual budget and ensure all spending are within approved budget.
• Set priorities, assign work to personnel, and set schedules for completion of work.
• Relate with third party service provider in line with company policy and monitor progress and quality of work.
• Ensure compliance on corporate policies and SOPs on fleet maintenance at plant level.
• Provide support for recruitment and evaluation of Drivers.
• Administer policies and procedures governing fleet management operations in line with company Policy.
• Overall management to the required standard and quality of the company owned Fleet i.e. route trucks, saloon cars, water tankers, pickups and forklifts.
• Analyze daily, weekly and monthly reports.
• Achieve standard mileage of all vehicles.
• Reduce fleet repair costs by minimizing down time to maximize truck availability.
• Ensure Fleet log, fuel log and road base systems are operating perfectly.
• Chair daily mechanics’ and drivers’ monthly meetings
• On job training to mechanics
• Reporting on vehicle accidents to company owned vehicles
• Monitor vehicle licenses and stickers are valid all the time.
• Advise the Management on deciding whether it is economical to run a particular vehicle.
• Monitor/ control fuel issues of pickups
• Continuous improve the standard of Fleet Workshop to modern workshop to provide efficient and effective services.
• Approves leaves to subordinates, IIV, pre approves PR, SRR, gate pass cum delivery note.
• Masters Degree in Transport Management or a related field and at least 8 years working experience in similar responsibilities.
• In service:
• By promotion of Assistant Manager, Transport who has demonstrated outstanding performance, and worked in that capacity for at least 2 years. Depending on availability of position.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices and procedures.
• Strong understanding of project management principles.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets and so on.
• High level of self-motivation.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Knowledge of motor vehicles and spare parts;
• Ability to supervise subordinates and resolve complains.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety issues
• Knowledge of regulations relating to transportation
• Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
How to Apply:
Applicants are required to send CVs to: email@example.com