Employer: G4S Company
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 16th Sept 2013
• Ensure business compliance with Company Financial policies in respect of budget processes.
• Preparation and timeous submission of the region’s annual budget for Head Office approval, conforming to defined budget guidelines and principles.
• Maintenance of expenditure within approved levels by ensuring compliance with budgetary control procedures.
• Ensure business compliance with Company accounting and administrative practices, in conformance with legislation and generally accepted accounting practice.
• Timeous and accurate processing of decentralized accounting transactions on the G4S ERP system, maintaining accurate and detailed records with supporting source documentation.
• Management of the regional Accounts Receivable function, implementing effective credit control measures to ensure that cash flow is maximised.
• Oversight of Easyroster export to payroll, ensuring scheduled and actual hours worked does not exceed contractual manpower requirements.
• Preparation and timeous submission of accurate forecasts of monthly results, facilitating implementation of proactive measures to obviate unacceptable outcomes.
• Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information to the Managing Director
• Effective coordination of litigation, insurance and other claims.
• Development of the business’ Financial department personnel
Effective management of subordinate personnel in terms of:
• Performance Assessment
• Skills Development
• Career path planning
The Ideal Candidate:
• Company law
• Security industry legislation
• G4S Finance Policy and procedures
• Knowledge of Angolan tax law
• Leading People
• Managing Professionally
• Managing Conflict
• Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Computer literacy
• Accounting and auditing skills
• Customer Thinking
• Collaborating and Co-operating
• Relationship Building
Qualification & Experiences:
• Relevant B degree in Financial Management or Accounting (postgraduate degree highly advantageous).
• Minimum 2- 5 years’ experience in financial management of a business unit.
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Office tools (access, excel, word) Advantage if with previous experience working with SAP FI module and other finance packages such as Sage/ Pastel or Primavera.