Job Title: Executive Secretary
Employer: SAGCOT Catalytic Trust Fund (CTF)
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 17th Sept 2013
• Follow up and ensure implementation of all decisions made by the Board;
• Provide timely submission to the Board of all required reports;
• Lead the organization of the CTF Board, (face-to-face and virtual) in consultation with the Board Chairperson and communicate the results of the CTF Board's deliberations appropriately to the relevant stakeholders and follow up on the status of issues raised; iv) Ensure that the CTF Board gets the information it needs to make decisions on a timely basis. This includes presentation of in-depth analysis of the governance and financial mechanisms in terms of effective and efficient use of the funds;
• Develop the agenda for Board meetings, prepare background documents and organize the required reports;
• Coordinate the Fund Office's work programs with those of the CTF Board
• Provide oversight on communications and information management for the CTF Board. viii) Access additional external support to the extent requested by the Board.
• Ensure collaboration and communication among the key CTF actors and promote cooperation;
• Manage the day to day activities of the CTF Office, oversee the effective performance, evaluation, and career development of its staff, and mentor staff;
Qualifications and Experiences:
• Must have an advanced degree (Masters and 10 years of experience or PhD with 5 years of experience) in agricultural science, Business Administration, Economics or social sciences or any related field.
• Prior work experience in achieving results on the ground (preferably in Donor funded projects/programme experience).
• Demonstrated intellectual leadership and experience in business and private sector development particularly in private sector, agriculture and/or agricultural research.
• Demonstrated political judgment and recognized ability to lead strategic partnerships, align goals, and promote collaborative action.
• Strong client orientation and skills in policy dialogue and/or change management on complex institutional, governance and finance issues. This includes a demonstrated ability to provide high quality leadership by taking principled and balanced positions on agricultural development and partnership themes, in order to overcome obstacles, improve the design of tasks and facilitate their implementation/diffusion.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; a proven team player, deeply committed to working as a teamwork, and experienced in working highly collaboratively in a broad range of cultural and social contexts, acting with integrity at all times to build trust and create an enabling work environment.
• Excellent managerial and communication skills for managing staff, coordinating multiple partners, and building strong teams.
• Strong ability to guide, mentor and coach staff on substantive and procedural issues
• Excellent spoken and report writing skills in English. Knowledge of Swahili would be an asset
How to Apply:
All interested candidates can apply online at SAGCOT_EOI@opencapitaladvisors.com with full details Cover letter and CV must be combined into one document clearly named.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please upload your application file in pdf, docx or doc format only
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.