Job Title: Executive Secretary
Employer: Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 25th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• As' the CEO of the Commission, the Executive Secretary shall:
• Be responsible for the general direction, administration and supervision of the staff and operations of the Commission and its Committees.
• Propose, for approval by the Commission, policies, plans, quality assurance and accreditation criteria and procedures for university institutions.
• Ensure that the policies, directives and decisions of the Commission are implemented and observed.
• Ensure cooperation and dialogue with other relevant bodies within and outside Tanzania for purposes of sharing best practices ahd benchmarking the quality of universities.
• Serve as the custodian of the assets, funds and documents of the Commission.
• Direct, manage and oversee all operations of the TCU Secretariat.
• Age:Between 45 and 55 years.
• The applicant must be a holder of a Doctorate (PhD) degree attained from a recognized accredited university,
• He/ She must have a proven record of achievement including sufficient publications in relevant fields of knowledge.
• A minimum of ten years experience of teaching and research in a recognized university institution and having attained the position of Professorship.
• Experience at top level university management and leadership, preferably at the equivalent level of deputy vice chancellor and above, for a minimum of three years.
Skills and Abilities:
• To develop a vision and direction for the Commission;
• To interpret and promote the Commission's key functions;
• To stimulate and encourage new ideas and developments through motivation and support for staff;
• To influence, persuade and build coalitions and networks.
Remuneration and Benefits:
A very attractive package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
If you feel you meet the stated requirements for the advertised post and would like to serve the Tanzanian public through the TCU, send your application to:
The Tanzania Commission for Universities,
P. O. Box 6562,
Dar Es Salaam