Job Title: Engineer Grade I (One Post)
Employer: Iringa Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA)
Duty Station: Iringa
Application Deadline: 13th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures construction repair and maintenance of sanitation infrastructure, pumping plants, leakages, water. network services, new connections, meter installations, line disconnections are effectively carried out;
• Ensures there is no water leakage or wastage in their respective areas of supervision. Ensures waste water treatment, environment of water catchments are hygienically maintained and that water quality monitoring is effectively done according to the set standards.
• Makes sure that a user friendly customer service is observed through meter installation, reading and bills distribution;
• Prepares reports, business plans, strategic plans and submitted them to the Technical Manager for review;
• Identifies illegal connections and water disconnections and takes appropriate actions without delay;
• Maintains all working facilities - tool, equipment, and vehicles at cost effective prices; Prepare timely and accurate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports;
• Conducts regular work performance system review and consults the respective
• superiors for discussion and rectifications;
• Provides proper technical solution on Non-Revenue Water (NRW) reduction. Programs, plans, supervises and carries out all scheduled and not scheduled operation on reduction of water losses in the distribution network,
• Undertakes comprehensive leak detection, flow and pressure measurement in the network, work with metal locator to find appurtenances, metallic pipes and metallic cables,
• Undertakes regularly or on request readings from flow meters and pressure recorder, Participates in collection of water and sanitation data, process it by using GIS software,
• Conduct inspection one carries out correction related to safety, security and occupational health with emphasis to construction sites,
• Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the respective supervisor.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma qualifications in Civil. Mechanical, Electrical. Environmental, Sanitary or water Resources Engineering from a recognized Institution who has 3 years of working experience in a relevant field.
• Computer competence in engineering packages will be added advantages. (iv) Effective verbal and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
Age should be between 25 and 45 years.
According to IRUWASA Salary Scale - IWAS 7 = (1,110,000.00).
How To Apply:
General Conditions to All Posts
Application letter shall be handwritten and be supported by the following documents:-
Reliable contact postal address, email address and telephone/mobile numbers.
Detailed up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Copies of relevant certificates.
Certified copy of birth certificate.
Names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
All applications should be addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Iringa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.