Job Ref No: INT6513
Employer: Oxfam International
Duty Station: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 13th Sept 2013
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide overall effective leadership, development and management of all aspects of
• the Lake Zone Economic Justice programme and staff for high quality program delivery
• in the most time and efficient manner.
• Responsible and accountable for overall Oxfam’s image and programme resources
• including finances, human and facilities.
• Provide leadership in Strategic planning of projects in the economic justice programme
• for Lake Zone.
• Ensure strategic planning of projects in the economic justice programme and
• coordinate development of project work plans to se integration of gender, social and
• economic justice plans.
• Lead in building effective and focused partnership and team – based relationships with
• staff, partners and leaders at all levels and contribute to the leadership of work at
• district level and national level.
• Regularly monitor the drought and food security situation in the district and collaborate
• with the programme coordinator to ensure timely assessment an appropriate response
• to emergencies.
• Lead the Shinyanga team to translate and communicate local policy and advocacy
• issues into national and global campaign programme designs and facilitate linkage
• with national advocacy organisations and networks.
• Plan and coordinate Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and learning activities and
• events based on the Economic Justice logic model and indicators.
• Ensure mainstreaming of HIV/AIDS and gender into the programme’s work.Coordinate and manage project budgets and track project expenditures in People Soft,
• approve expenditures and Liaise with Oxfam finance department in Dar es Salaam on
• compliance of projects management in PeopleSoft.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
• Educated to degree level in Social or Natural Sciences preferred. Postgraduate
• qualification is an added advantage.
• At least 3-5 year’s experience of management and programme work.
• Should have a good understanding of principle of effective planning, time
• management, good presentation, networking and influencing skills, good
• understanding of gender issues and committed to gender equity and
• Should have knowledge on general administration, procurement and asset
• management, effective human and resource allocation, creative and strategic
• In depth knowledge of at least one programme sector such as agriculture,
• water, livelihood and vulnerability, advocacy, gender, etc, gained through
• experience and/or qualifications.
• A proven record of effective people and programme management
• Ability to follow broader programme strategies and apply management
• decisions in a remote line management system; proactive and innovative in
• communication and reporting.
• Strong financial management and control skills.
• Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of
• cultural contexts.
• Excellent Team work skills and the ability to build good relations both internally
• and externally.
• Excellent oral and written communication in English and Swahili including the
• ability to write clear and focused reports/proposals;
• Familiarity with Civil Society Organisations and agro-pastoralist institutions at
• grassroots level.
• Experience with Disaster Risk Reduction strategies, drought relief, or cash
• transfer programmes.
How to Apply:
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with experience.
Please send your CV to:
Human Resources Manager,
P. O. Box 5299
Dar es Salaam.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Oxford reserves the right not to fill the vacancy at this time.