Job Title; ECCD Specialist (One Post)
Employer: Plan International Tanzania
Duty Station: Geita
Application Deadline: 27th Sept 2013
• Design, implement, monitor and evaluate Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) related strategies and other matters to ensure that CCCD is embedded in programs
• Provide technical assistance to all program unit staff and their partners for implanting high quality ECCD programs.
• Based on best practices and sector standards, develop high quality programme guidance to ensure children rights are embedded in Plan's ECCD interventions
• Contribute to sector and organizational learning through improved documentation, capturing of lessons learned and development a monitoring framework for ECCD
• Produce and disseminate briefings, reports and other ECCD related data information on a regular basis to show program progress and impact
• Oversee ECCD budgets and expenditures to ensure their alignment with the required standards
• Support the roll out of training to a11 staff and partners including parents (moral duty bearers) and principle duty bearers on better child rearing practices (nutrition, family planning, social and emotional care for children including children with special needs)
• Establish a close network with the government and other national and international organizations in the sector and contribute to national policy and advocacy work related to ECCD
• Dissemination of relevant national and international ECCD policies, standards and lessons among staff and partners. Raise resources for ECCD programming through proposal writing and forming of in country partnerships to reach more vulnerable children and their families
• Ensure close integration of ECGD with all other relevant sector programmes (Child protection, health, nutrition and WASH etc) including the mainstreaming of gender
• Good analytical skills and understanding of ECCD (or key components of it)
• Good networking and partnership skills
• Ability to work under pressure and do multitasks
• Excellent communication -verbal and writing skills of English Good skills in proposal development and reporting
• A Bachelor Degree in a subject related to Early Childhood Care and Development, Education, development studies or related fields
• Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in community development or similar position.
• Working experience in a similar role and experience in working with bilateral organizations or INGOs would be an added advantage.
• Excellent reporting skills and competencies in computer literacy (M-Excel, MS-Word, & Power Point, internet)
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Please note that Plan Tanzania has no recruitment agent, therefore all applications should be sent to:-
Country Human Resources Manager
Plan International Tanzania
Central Technology Building (CT House)
Plot # 96, Mikocheni Light Industrial Area Off. New Bagamoyo road next to TBC P. O. Box 3517
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Plan Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.