Job Title: Director of Ports and Shipping Regulation (Head Office) – 1 Post -Ref No. 301
Employer: Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 9th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To advise the Director General on Ports and Shipping Regulation issues;
• To develop rules and guidelines on ports and shipping regulation;
• To manage the promotion, facilitation and regulation of ports and shipping services;
• To develop a mechanism of consultation with shipping companies and other providers of shipping services and consumers on issues related to quality and standard of services and costs;
• To ensure promotion of inter-modal transport cooperation with the objective of achieving efficiency and economy of transportation;
• To manage the promotion of the competitive utilization of, inland dry ports, waterways, shipping and inter-modal transport;
• To monitor port performance, freight charges, surcharges and other charges on the shipping trade; viii) To contribute and manage the strategic, business planning and budgeting process of the Authority;
• To manage the individual set objectives/targets and performance standards process as part of the individual performance agreement in consultation with the Director General;
• To manage the open performance review and appraisal process of subordinates and provide feedback as appropriate; and
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director General.
• Director of Ports and Shipping Regulation reports to the Director General.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• University Postgraduate degree in Shipping/Ports Management, Transport Economics or its equivalent;
• Bachelor Degree in Shipping/Ports Management, Transport Economics or its equivalent; and
• At least ten (10) years of working experience, five (5) years of which must be at senior managerial position in a reputable institution (preferable an institution dealing with ports/shipping services).
How to Apply:
Applications should be on applicants' handwriting indicating the Reference Number (Ref. No.) of the application, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of relevant Certificates, Transcripts, testimonials and names, positions and detailed contacts of three (3) reliable referees.
Application letter and the envelope should have the Ref. No. of the post applied. Application without Ref. No. will not be considered. .
Applications with statement/Provisional results or Statements of Results from NECTA where Certificates have already been issued will not be considered, thus, need not to apply.
Sumatra Head Office,
A. H. Mwinyi Rd/Nkomo St,
P. O. BOX 3093,
Dar Es Salaam .
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.