Employer: Tanzania Sisal Board (TSB)
Duty Station: Tanga
Application Deadline: 16th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Director General is the Chief Executive Officer and Public. Relations Executive of the Board and Secretary to the Board of Directors who advises the Chairman.
• Establishes and maintains a sound Board structure in order to ensure smooth executive coordination and efficient management of the Board.
• Interprets properly Government Policies on agriculture specifically on the sisal industry in order to promote the sisal industry.
• Establishes appropriate rules and regulations deemed necessary to carry out efficient control of the Board's assets, ¬liabilities and overall financial activities.
• Reviews reports on Research, Planning, Development, Production, Inspection and Marketing (of sisal) and advises the Government and producers accordingly through the relevant bodies.
• Reviews financial and operating statements of the Board's activities in relation to approved budgets of these activities and advises the Board of Directors accordingly.
• Supervises all Heads of Departments on execution of all matters related to the achievements of the Board's goals
• Minimum qualification shall be a Masters Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Business Administration or Statistics and other related qualifications will be an added advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, deeply committed to working as a teamwork and acting with integrity at all times to build trust and create enabling working environment.
• Strong ability to guide, mentor and coach staff on substantive and procedural issues.
• Must have Good Communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
• Must be Computer literate
• Must have a clean and a well-demonstrated work experience of not less than 12 years in the sisal industry or related field. Eight years of which should be in a senior position in a large and reputable organization.
According to Tanzania Sisal Board Salary Scale SBS 8 and other fringe benefits related to the post including housing, transport and utilities.
How to Apply:
Application letters accompanied by typed CV, certified copies of academic certificates, names of three (3) referees, current postal address, phone number and e-mail address:
Tanzania Sisal Board
1 Tasma Road
Only successfully candidates will be contacted.