Job Title: Web Editor - Digital
Employer: Mwananchi Communications Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 16th Sept 2013
• Retrieve, compile, edit and upload articles and relevant photos to mwananchi.co.tz, mwanaspoti.co.tz and thecitizen.co.tz on a daily basis.
• Actively moderate comments on MCl websites to filter out hate speech, profanity, personal attacks or any other uncouth behaviour.
• Promote audience engagement and drive web traffic by pushing stories out on social media (Facebook/Twitter and media sharing via lnstagram and Storify).
• Revise headlines and rework story ledes (particularly on breaking stories) to ensure they suit web presentational requirements.
• Scour news sites, blogs and forums for breaking stories and liaise with news desks and field reporters to verify potential leads.
• Write up, edit and revise breaking stories for the Web and continuously review websites for language clarity.
• Ensure the presentation of content on our websites is in line with Mwananchi Communication Limited's House style and editorial policy.
• University degree and a passion for writing.
• The ability to write/produce excellent newspaper copy in English and Kiswahili.
• A sound knowledge of Icnzonio.s socio-economic and political landscape.
• Familiarity with content management systems (Joomla/Wordpress/
• Blogger /CoreMedia
• The ability to use search engine optimisation (SEO) tricks and optimise social media channels to distribute MCl news content.
• The ability to work to tight deadlines under minimum supervision.
• Must be meticulous, have an eye for detail and a love of and feel for language.
• Journalism training/experience is an added advantage.-
How to Apply:
All interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact to;
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications Ltd
P. O. Box 19754.
Dar es Salaam.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.