Job Title: Deputy General Secretary –One Post
Employer: Tanzania Mines, Energy, Construction and Allied Workers Union (TAMICO)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To be overall in-charge of the Administration and Organization of Programme,
• To formulate appropriate administrative directives for discipline, policy and work performance in order to adequately respond to constituent member needs,
• To develop strategies for proper management of Union Affairs,
• To plan, organize, direct, and control efficiently and effectively the Unions management functions and activities including the appropriate utilization of all resources and assets,
• To regularly conduct research and market trend analysis in order to promote Union productivity,
• To ensure close liaison with all constituent facilities and locations,
• To prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual departmental reports for management and the National Executive Council,
• To provide appropriate inputs for budget preparation and manpower development plans.
• To organize, recruit, represent, link and give backstopping services to the members To coordinate union works of the union at all levels of TAMICO
• To ensure members registers are maintained at all levels as stipulated in the TAMICO Constitution
Qualifications and Experiences:
• Holder of a degree in Social welfare, Law, Business Admin, Public Admin, Social Security or above.
• Must have worked in Trade Unions for not less than 5 years holding a senior position.
• Good communication in spoken and written Kiswahili and English. Good judgment, analytical and conceptual skills.
• Good interpersonal relationship and demonstrate ability to work independently.
• Must be Computer literate
How to Apply:
Please send CV and cover letter with three work related referees, including copies of certificates to the address:
Tanzania Mines, Energy, Construction and Allied Workers Union (TAMICO)
P. O. Box 72136,
Dar es Salaam.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview