Employer: Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Sept 2013
Qualifications and Experiences:
• Holder of a Ph.D. degree or equivalent qualification,
• At least four years as a University Lecturer (preferably in the field of Nursing),
• Management working experience in a reputable University/institution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for conduct of all academic activities in the faculty of Nursing.
• Handles staff recruitment, deployment and training affairs at faculty level.
• Oversees annual performance evaluation of all staff in his/her faculty including feedbacks.
• Prepares and compiles departmental data at Faculty levels for purposes of submission to relevant offices.
• Chairs all Faculty Board meetings or meetings of its committees.
• Supervises all Heads of academic departments at faculty level.
• Supervises the conduct of examinations in the Faculty.
• Manages finances allocated to the faculty.
• Prepares quarterly progress reports in line with requirements of the RSP.
• Prepares strategic plan for Faculty.
• Prepares annual budget for the relevant units at faculty level.
• Supervises academic performance of students in his/her Faculty,
• Performs any duties assigned by DVCAC Vice Chancellor.
Key Performance Evaluation Criteria
• Faculty and Departmental data available and computerized.
• Examinations successfully conducted.
• Effective utilization of Departmental and Faculty Finances.
• Students' performances in examinations improve.
• Existence of an up to date Departmental and Faculty Rolling Strategic Plan.
• Absence or minimization of student complaints related to conduct of academic programmes.
• Good quarterly reports prepared.
• Accurate and timely preparation of budgets.
Three 3 years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance and successful completion of a one year probation period.
According to the HKMU's salary scales.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified applicants must send their applications and curriculum vitae, together with attached copies of degree certificates to:
Hubert Kairuki Memorial University,
322 Regent Estate,
P. O. Box 65300,
Dar Es Salaam.
Emails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org