Job Title: Consultancy media scan
Employer: Panos Eastern Africa
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 13th Sept 2013
Panos Eastern Africa is implementing a 24 months project, “Strengthening Media Agency for Child Protection”. The project seeks to strengthen the role of media in preventing violence against children in Tanzania by supporting the engagement of media as a key stakeholder in the reduction of Violence against children.
The purpose of the scan is to:
1) Provide baseline information needed for effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation, of the project.
2) Provide insights on key partners and actors to be involved and targeted in the project. 3) Identify recommendations aimed at strengthening media coverage and engagement with policy makers and Child protection agencies.
4) Use the findings as a basis for follow up with media, policy maker and child protection agencies, so as to improve on the quality and quatinty of media coverage of Child Protection Issues in Tanzania.
• Map the policy environment on violence against children and the involvement of media, Child protection agencies and government Institutions in preventing violence against children.
• Identify and analyse the communication practices and links between the media, child protection agencies and government institutions in preventing violence against children
• Assess content and approaches of media coverage on violence against children
• The consultant is expected to have vast knowledge of the media landscape in Tanzania.
• The consultant should have broad understanding of issues related to violence against children/child protection in the country.
• Experience in doing this kind of work is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants/individuals or companies should submit a technical and financial proposal to the email address: email@example.com
Successful applicants shall be notified by Friday 20th September, 2013.
For any additional information, please call +255 767 247270 or visit www.panosea.org Please note that late applications will not be considered.