Job Title: Construction Engineer
Employer: Walter Reed Program (WRP)
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: 27th Sept 2013
• Oversees all construction/renovation activities across WRP and its partners;
• Prepares, reviews/interprets engineering drawings, specifications and other design documents; understand project design basis and contractual requirements;
• Develops construction specifications, scope of work, cost estimates etc; Prepares daily and weekly construction reports as required from time to time;
• Prepares and presents architecture drawings, construction and building designs, bill of quantities and project progress report to the Management and Clients;
• Creates, updates and maintains a variety of project controls that track the status of: individual projects or task orders, changes to projects or task orders, RFI, shop drawings and submittal, matters involving quality controls, safety, financial performance, close-out and other aspects of the project(s) or task order(s);
• Proactively identifies issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions;
• Develops an understanding of how to maintain and require compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project to prevent rework and delays;
• Provides timely and cordial interactions with supporting work groups, such as Finance, Procurement, HR, etc; Participates in managing activities that are related to project closeout to ensure timely completion;
• Oversees and monitors constructors and subcontractors to ensure quality and compliance to HJFMRI construction standards; Performs field walk downs/inspections to review the work for conformance with the design drawings, applicable codes/standards and company policies/procedures.
• Prepare punch-list;
• Prepares/answers request for Information/clarification, Field Change Requests and Field Work Order Requests;
• Proactively identifies potential problems in the field; develop alternatives; arrive at optimum Solution , means to mitigate problems.
Qualification and Experience:
• Advanced Diploma/Degree/Postgraduate in Civil Engineering, Architecture or other related field; Working Experience and knowledge of construction methods of not less than three years;
• Should have a strong ability on issues related to Construction, renovation, and other issues related to buildings/infrastructure.
• Must be of high integrity;
• Possess good report writing skills;
• Ability to provide, technical advice to management;
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft office programs and AutoCAD and ability to employ computerized systems to schedule work;
• Possess good organization and planning skills;
• Insightful, organized, diligent, analytical, ability to produce results, trustworthy, assertive; Should be able to perform assigned work with no direct supervision;
• Ability to take initiative and work under pressure with limited supervision.
Walter Reed Program is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply .
How to Apply:
Walter Reed Program is seeking qualified candidate to fill the positions below. Cover letters and resumes should be sent to the
Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 6396,