Job Title: Social Worker (Child Protection Officer)
Employer: Students Integration in Community Development - (SICD)
Duty Station: Singida
Application Deadline: 27th Sept 2013
• Provide technical guidance and direction to SICD for effective planning, implementation and monitoring of agreed child protection plans including the psychosocial recovery (care) and assistance (legal and social) to vulnerable children and their families.
• Support with parenting and care-giving responsibilities, sensitizing parents/guardians about the importance of respecting children (addressing violence of all sorts, including gender-based violence), assisting with access to available services
• Act as the main contact within SICD Pamoja Tuwalee for the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
• Provide information and advice on the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
• Support and raise awareness of the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
• Communicate with members on issues of child and vulnerable adult protection.
• Support for child protection through MVC committees on community-based children’s rights
• Training members of the community to identify and assist children needing assistance and advocating for all
• Addressing issues of community-based child care and asset building.
• Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications & Experiences:
• Holder of Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Counseling and
• Psychology, sociology, community development or any other related course.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to write reports
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Creative and high level of motivation, necesssary
• Fluent writen an spoken English and Kiswahili Languages
• Competent with computers, more especially in Microsoft Office packages
• Able to work in a teamYou will most likely have experience of working in an NGO but most certainly you will have the passion and drive to make a difference to the lives of most vulnerable children (MVCs).
How to Apply:
SICD offers competitive package to the selected candidates; if you feel you are the
right candidate, apply in confidence by sending your application letter with current
and detailed CV indicating your day to day contact detail and three referees. Application should be addressed to: