Job Title: Chief of Party
Employer: Crown Agents USA
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Sept 2013
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 12 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of CA Group, provides direct procurement services, technical assistance, and training to improve health outcomes, establish good governance, and stimulate economic growth across the developing world. Established practice areas include Health, Supply Chain Services, Food Security, and M&E. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), and the Gates Foundation.
USAID/Tanzania seeks offerors to improve upon and implement the Mission’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system based on the Agency’s guidance, policies and Mission order requirements over a five-year period.
Offerors shall include participatory methodologies that will engage program stakeholders, especially programs Implementing Partners, Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs)and Assistance Office Representatives (AOR) , in the ongoing implementation of the M&E system which shall also include a participatory learning and knowledge sharing component for implementation improvement across the mission portfolio. Offerors should consider innovative approaches and reporting in the M&E system design, including technological approaches such as the use of cell phones for data collection, the use of case studies, real time data collection, use of GIS, etc., USAID/Tanzania plans to use monitoring and evaluation data generated during program implementation as the evidence upon which to demonstrate the extent to which Development Objective (DO) teams are fulfilling their specific objectives. DO teams are interested not only in measuring key results/outcomes to better understand program effectiveness, but also in systematic documentation that can foster critical reflection, knowledge sharing and learning.
• Oversee monitoring and evaluation, analyses and assessments throughout the life of the project, including the data collection, design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques.
• She/he will also be responsible for the design, quality development and production of all evaluations reports and any assessments, population based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses.
• This will include the design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
• She/he will also oversee the maintenance of Mission and IPs PMPs.
• A Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Statistics or Economics is required.
• Candidate must have at least 10 years of experience in development project evaluation design, implementation and analysis, evaluation methodologies, developing performance management plans, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques.
• OR a Master’s degree/ Ph.D with 5 years of experience in the areas listed above.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Fluency in Kiswahili is preferred.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, please email your CV to the Email Link above . Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line.
Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please.
Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA and local labor law as applicable.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.