Job Title: Director of Research Policy & Advocacy
Employer: Water Aid
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 15th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct periodic policy analysis of the wider social political and economic contexts and also the key sector issues and best practice to ensure that the Country Programme stays at the forefront of national development policy debates, review relevant literature for identification of critical evidence goals on delivery of WASH. .
• Working with the strategic support and program departments analyze these gaps / key issues and themes to guide Waltz’s policy analysis and research. Assist in se curing media coverage and spearheading advocacy events such of press conferences.
• Research finding launching as well as commemorating relevant dares such as world toilet day and world water day.
• lead on power mapping strategic networking and campaigns across the sector by using WATz's service delivery work,
• This will involve collection and documentation of practice work from project areas, well researched and based on analysis for use as evidence for policy advocacy at district, national and international levels
• Identify and exploit opportunities to raise WATz influencing priorities with government, and other sector actors. Promote WATz's prone by responding to cal's for evidence from sector Ministries and development partners on relevant sector issues and lobby to influence these decisions.
• Water Aid is seen os a key contributor in the policy debates on water sanitation and poverty reduction.
• Develop relationships. partnerships and networks with other relevant sectors of health and education to raise tile profile of sanitation and water notionally and it's at tile forefront of the agenda of key decision makers.
• Ensure that WATz actions are informed by an in-depth knowledge of sector dynamics emerging sector issues and national priorities
• Quantitative and qualitative data. Lead on documentation of this research work and promotion of innovation into the sector as well as disseminating good learning. Through writing policy briefs, position papers, fact sheets and other I.E.C material
• Lead the WATz Policy team to; develop capacity of partner NGOs and other sector actors; to guide, design and implement advocacy-related work preparation at policy case studies, thematic policy discussion appears and other relevant documents for purposes of influencing for successful sustainable and systemic
• You will those with other agencies' and programs' activities to establish alliances and platforms for Water Aid's campaign's work and identify new opportunities for notional level influencing. Work with identified key targets including media houses to cement WATz's position as a key source on WASH issues.
• Set, manage and monitor expenditure budget for strategic and plans in policy research and advocacy, adhering to financial guidelines, ensuring value for and acting as appropriate within delegated authorities. .
• Ensuring that any programme-management and funding expectations (e.g. WA or donor accountability policies) are fully understood by all team members involved, that commitment 10 meeting them is gained and that appropriate plans for meeting them are made.
• Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as reasonably required as the above is given as a broad range of duties and is not intended to be a complete description of all tasks. It is important to note that the responsibilities may change to meet the evolving needs of the way Water Aid works
How to Apply:
Please send us your application through the address below
Enclose your copy of Curriculum Vitae containing on e-mail address. Daily telephone contacts names and addresses of three referees:
Emoron Selection Division.
Ubungo Plaza, 1st floor. Suite 5. Morogoro Road.
P.O. Box 75388
Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.