Job Title: Breaking News & Web Reporter - 2 Posts
Employer: Mwananchi Communications Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 16th Sept 2013
• Continuously monitor multiple news feeds on television, radio, blogs, popular media websites and social media (Twitter/FB) for breaking stories.
• Liaise with news desks to identify and craft a coverage strategy for breaking stories of relevance to Mwananchi readers.
• Vet sources and liaise with Online Editor/Deputy Editor to ensure overall coverage is CREDIBLE. "
• Verify local story leads with MCl news desks and section editors before publishing.
• Craft pithy text messages in English and Kiswahili covering the first 5 Ws of Journalism (Who did What, When, Where and How?) and push these out to subscribers via bulk SMS platform(s).
• Write up very short articles (3-5 paragraphs) for websites within 20 minutes of initial text bulletin and submit copy to Web editors
• University degree and/or journalism training.
• The ability to write excellent newspaper copy in English and Kiswahili.
• The ability to summarize vast quantities of information into bite-sized news alerts.
• A sound knowledge of Tanzania's socio-economic and political
• The ability to work to tight deadlines under minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact to;
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications Ltd
P. O. Box 19754.
Dar es Salaam.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.