Job Title: Asset Management Consultant
Employer: United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out a physical verification assets at the warehouse at Kuehne & Nagel and to arrange them.
• Cross checking assets in the warehouse against K&N packing lists to ensure the lists correspond to item numbers and identify location at the warehouse for ease of retrieval.
• Inspecting the assets and ensuring each has Property number tag. Identify lost or missing property number tags and assist with retagging.
• Checking assets against lists and updating information where required.
• Sending the revised list to Admin Assistant (Asset Focal Person) so that information can be used to update the property database. .
• Identifying and list broken assets for disposal and to send the list to Administrative Assistant.
• Inspecting archived office files label and list them.
• Shredding and discarding waste paper (under guidance from Administrative Assistant).
• Verifying assets in each office and identifying missing tags and assist with retagging.
• Checking assets in the offices against lists and updating serial numbers where required.
• Assisting with update of room lists for all UNICEF offices and obtainkiq signature of occupants.
• Sticking the room lists onto office doors and filing copies in Admin. File.
• Post-Secondary School Education (0 Level) and Asset Management Certificate (FTC) from a reputable/reliable institution.
• At least 5 years progressively responsible professional work experience in Asset Management at national and international levels in an International NGO or UN agency.
• Good communication skills and ability in written and spoken English. Fluent in spoken Kiswahili.
• She/he must be able to work with people, to work independently with minimum supervision and be results-oriented.
• Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Duration of the Consultancy:
• The consultant will be hired for 6 months.
How to Apply:
Candidates who have the required qualification and experience should submit their applications online to The Human Resources Manager, UNICEF Tanzania Country Office, Dar es Salaam indicating clearly Consultancy Number 2013-08 and send to the Email Link above on or before 30 September 2013 .Only short-listed candidates will be contacted . No late application or telephone inquiries will be entertained. Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNICEF is a smoke-free environment