Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Transaction Specialist)
Employer: World Bank
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 11th Sept 2013
Duties and Account abilities:
• Provide primary assistance and support to the Resource Management Team in processing accounting and administrative transactions for the country office; and ensure that all transactions are made in compliance with the Bank's policies and procedures and the required documentations are fulfilled before processing the transactions.
• Provide assistance in the processing of the posting of purchase orders, goods receipt, service entry sheets and maintenance of inventory in SAP.
• Monitor usage of office consumables/supplies and produce monthly report.
• Assist in asset management tasks' including physical verification, maintenance, recording, reconciliation, monitor movements and participate in asset disposal activities.
• Handle routine data entry, including check writing, online banking, filing of accounting documents and Resource Management records.
• Compile VAT claims and other statutory requirements for review before submission to government on a monthly basis.
• Handle custody of petty cash. 'Undertake ad hoc inquiries in standard and nonstandard databases, retrieve, manipulate and present accounting and administrative data as needed from time to time.
• Perform other tasks assigned with respect to the Country Office program.
• In addition to a set selection criteria, the successful candidate should also demonstrate the required competencies.
• S/he should be a holder of a high school certificate, preferably a college diploma (or higher) or associate degree in accounting or a related discipline with at least three years of working experience,_ preferably in computerized work environment.
• Commitment to team-oriented work in a multi-disciplinary matrix management environment.
How to Apply:
For the full position description and complete selection criteria and required competencies, qualified candidates are requested to visit and submit an on-line application at www.woridbank.org/careers. Click on »Current job openings> job# 131968. The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.