Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Employer: Save the Children International (SCI),
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 2nd Oct 2013
• The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting visitors by sending to all incoming visitors' a welcome pack (including an invitation letter, visa information and security guidelines) before their arrival, Receive, welcome and direct new staff, consultants, SCI Regional, members and Center staff to the appropriate office and ensure that office space is available for new staff, visiting staff consultants and others in consultation with the HR & Admin Manager.
• The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for stationery and consumables management by ensuring that they are issued to staff and orders placed with procurement staff on a timely basis and Provide monthly and quarterly supplies and stationaries stock report and reorder levels to the HR and Admin Manager.
• S/he will also process and update private phone usage and staff medical bills on a monthly basis.
• S/he is also responsible for maintaining and updating the household inventories register for all SCI offices and provides periodic reports to the HR and Admin Manager will also ensure general repair and maintenance of the office and international staff houses is conducted accordingly and place orders for furniture, equipment and supplies.
• Prepare house and lease agreements from time to time as delegated by the HR & Admin Manager.
• As a support staff the Admin Assistant will assist managers and other staff in preparation and organization of workshops and meetings to ensure value for money and due diligence process for selecting venues.
• Maintain a database of approved venues Process business cards for staff as requested and provide cover to the front desk as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's vision, mission and values including rights-based approaches Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or Administration and management
• At least 2 years relevant working experience preferably in NGO environment
• An understanding and appreciation of, and commitment to "customer service"
• Strong organization and planning skills to prioritize a busy workload and meet deadlines Ability to develop and implement effective and efficient admin systems
• Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft office package.
• Good negotiation skills
• High levels of self-motivation, integrity, commitment and enthusiasm A person with positive attitude
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
For more details and to KNOW that one is suitable to apply for the position please send an e-mail to the Human Resources Department of Save the Children in Tanzania at: Tanzania.Jobs@savethechildren.org and request for the complete Job Profile and a Save the Children Job Application Form
Save the Children is committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
We promote equal opportunities and strive to be fully representational to all groups. Save the Children actively encourages diversity - qualified men and women are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.