Job Title: SACCOS Manager/Accountant
Employer: Mlimani SACCOS Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 9th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the organization's investments and management of balanced investment portfolio.
• Responsible for the management, development and maintenance of a high performance team by providing good leadership and effective supervision and guidance of staff members his/her charge.
• Responsible for the organization's financial planning, forecasting and budgeting.
• Responsible for management of costs so as to achieve business growth as outlined in the strategic plan.
• Responsible for supporting decision making through preparation, analysis and presentation of comprehensive timely, reliable and compliant financial reports.
• Ensure effective implementation of financial and accounting policies and procedures.
• Management of the general and subsidiary ledgers in accordance with internationally accepted accounting and financial reporting standards and preparation of final accounts for audit.
• Prepare and analyze on a regular basis the SACCOS business plans budgetary estimates and provide explanations on variances.
• Provide support to all other functions to enhance organization goals. Ensure proper planning and forecasting of SACCOS operations.
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on performance of the SACCOS to the board.
• Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Organize Board meeting s. record minutes and follow up on agreed action plans.
• Ensure all transactions are accurately done. , recorded and properly filed (manually/ computerized) competencies.
• Preparing and verifying monthly statement for members and keeping records for the all members.
• Answering queries regarding work being performed.
• Prepare and analyze a regular basis the SACCOS plans, budgetary estimates and provide explanations on variances.
• Ensuring filling is done in a timely and accurate manner.
• Reconciling the bank, general and sub-ledger accounts and double checking all reimbursements request against receipts received.
• Ensuring purchase order, receiving and invoices are matched.
• Compiling routine numerical information for report on internal computer records.
• Performance other general accounting duties as required.
Required Academic and Professional Qualifications:
• At least CPA (T), first Degree in Finance/ Accounting
• Qualifications in SACCOS's operations, First degree in cooperative management, Business Management, Microfinance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or any other relevant field would be an added advantage.
• At least 3 years experience in SACCOS/ financial management position,
• Two years minimum experience with a reputed SACCOS at Management level.
• Ability to carry out financial analysis, financial projections and budgeting.
• Ability to analyze problems and provide solutions in line with established Superior knowledge and proficiency in computerized accounting operations.
• Age between 25 - 40 years.
• Computer skills (Ms Word, Excel).
• Strong leadership skills and decision making ability
• Excellent analytical skills, self drive and initiative.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Certificate of good conduct.
Online applications can be sent to Board Chairperson.
The deadline of this post is two weeks from the date of advertisement.
How to Apply:
Send your applications to
Dar es Salaam