Job Title: Accountant
Employer: BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 25th Sept 2013
BRAC is a development success story, spreading solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other countries around the world – a global leader in creating opportunity for the world’s poor. As the largest NGO in the world our work now touches the lives of an estimated 135 million people, with staff and BRAC-trained entrepreneurs numbering more than 100,000.
BRAC started its work in Tanzania in 2006, with microfinance and livelihood development programmes, creating opportunities for the poor in agriculture, livestock and poultry; its health care programme preventing illness and treating tens of thousands of Tanzanians; and its empowerment and livelihood for adolescents clubs placing a special emphasis on the country’s youth. BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
• Preparation of month end Management Accounts
• Current Account reconciliation & Reconcile field stock account monthly
• Preparation of local purchase orders as required
• Reconcile bank accounts and ensure update of field cash books daily.
• Monitor and review accounting and related systems reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Budgeting and Variance Analysis
• Donor Reporting
• Helping internal, External Audit ,Monitor & review team
• Work on change management process.
• Communicate with the field office staffs regularly
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor of Business Administration or Masters of Business administration in
• Minimum 2 years’ experience gained in dynamic and deadline oriented organization.
Knowledge Skills and abilities:
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent computer skills and fully versed with use of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
• Experience of working with Enterprise Resource Planning systems would be advantageous.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a pressurized environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good written and Communication skills
• Ability to travel national and internationally on short notice
How to Apply:
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please email your CV with a letter of interest mentioning your educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at the Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Please mention the name of the position applied for in the subject bar. Local candidates will be given preference.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be
Application deadline: September 25, 2013.
For more information, please visit http://www.brac.net
BRAC is an equal opportunity employer