Employer: National Institute of Transport (NIT)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th August 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Teaches up to NTA level 6 (Ordinary Diploma)
• Assists in conducting tutorials and practical exercises for students under close supervision
• Prepares learning resources for tutorials and practical exercises.
• Assists in conducting research under close supervision
• Conducts examinations and submits results to the relevant authority timely.
• Carries out Consultancy and Community Development services under close supervision
• Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree with Upper Second Hons. (NTA Level 8) of GPA not less than 3.8, and for unclassified degrees with an overall average of B+ grade or above in the following fields of study:-
Department of Transport Engineering and Technology.
• Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering -3 Posts
Department of Logistics and Transport Studies
• Logistics and Transport Management with majors in Air, Road, and Railway transport, OR
Freight clearing and forwarding -2 Posts.
Department of Business and Entrepreneurship Studies
• Human Resources Management, Commerce/Business Administration, Accounting/Finance,
Economics and Tourism Management -7 Posts.
Department of Transport Safety and Environmental Studies
• Environmental science/Engineering, Automobile/Mechanical Engineering or Transport
Safety and Security -4 Posts.
Department of Aviation Studies
• Aeronautic Engineering, Avionics, Electronics, Automobile/Mechanical Engineering, and
Telecommunication Engineering -4 Posts.
Attractive remuneration package according to institution`s salary scale PHTS 4-7
How to Apply
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated. Send an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers to:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
Dar Es Salaam