Job Title: Tutorial Assistant (15)
Employer: Dar es salaam University College of Education (DUCE)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 21st Aug 2013
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions at the Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUGE) situated at Chang'ombe, Temeke District, Dar es Salaam.
Areas of Specialization
1. Science Education (1),
2. Sociology of Education (1),
3. Philosophy of Education (1),
4. Informatics (1),
5. Physics (1),
6. Mathematics (1),
7. Geography (1),
8. Development Studies (1),
9. History (1),
10. Economics (1),
11. Linguistics (3),.
12. Political Science (1) and Kiswahili (I).
Qualifications and Experience:
• Applicant must have a good Bachelors Degree from a recognized University with a minimum GPA of 3.8 or higher with a minimum score of B+ in the relevant subject or its equivalent qualification in a relevant field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To understudy senior members including attending lectures and seminars, tutorials and practical where applicable.
• To assist in conducting seminars, tutorial and practical exercises for students in the department under close supervision.
• To prepare material for practical and tutorial exercises.
• To conduct research under close supervision.
• To assist in carrying out consultancy in community services under close supervision.
• To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the relevant authorities.
1. Attractive Package will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with hi/her qualification and experience
How to Apply:
The Application must be handwritten and supported with resume/CV.
Two recent passport size photos, copies of Academic Certificates, Transcripts and the applicant's birth Certificates must be attached.
Names, positions and contact addresses (including telephone numbers) of three referees should be provided in the resume/CV
Applicants should indicate the permit reference number i.e. (BC/I 0187/0 IIG/61) in their letters.
Applicants who are Public Employees should channel their applications through their employers.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the;
Deputy Principal (Administration)
Dar es salaam University College of Education (DUCE)
P.O. Box 2329
Dar es Salaam
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.