Employer: Raleigh International
Duty Station: Morogoro
Application Deadline: 28th August 2013
Responsible for: Country Programme Manager (CPM)
Drivers and security guards
Overall purpose of the job
Raleigh International operates in many rural locations in Tanzania and the purpose of this key role will be to coordinate the safe movement of personnel and equipment around the country in support of country programme objectives. This will include managing a team of drivers and security guards; coordinating local transport providers and ensuring that Raleigh Tanzania’s vehicles are maintained in good working order at all times.
• Line management of drivers and security guards employed by Raleigh Tanzania, enforcing high standards of driving safety at all times.
• Inspection and maintenance of all Raleigh Tanzania vehicles to manufacturers specifications and keeping clear maintenance records.
• Ensuring Raleigh Tanzania vehicles meet legal requirements.
• Scheduling of driver and vehicle movements in consultation with the CPM and to act as a driver when required.
• Coordination of local transport providers (bus and truck operators) to move volunteers and equipment in accordance with Raleigh International’s standard operating procedures.
• Negotiation with local transport providers to ensure best value and safety, governed by written service agreements.
• Working as a team player in supporting Raleigh Tanzania’s country programme delivery.
• Carry out any other tasks reasonably requested by the CPM.
• Extensive experience in off-road driving using4-wheel drive vehicles.
• Knowledge and experience in fleet management, including supervisión of staff.
• Knowledge and experience of implementing vehicle maintenance schedules.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
• Experience of managing a budget and keeping accurate financial records.
• An enthusiastic, energetic personality, with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Commitment to the aims, ethos and culture of Raleigh International
• Clean driving licence
• Competence in using computers to manage and present information.
• Vehicle repair and maintenance skills.
• Experience of working with young people of different cultures and backgrounds.
• Experience of working with volunteers.
• An understanding of international, environmental and development issues.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements presented in the Person Specification above, plus a copy of your Curriculum Vitae / resume to Mr Michael Combellack firstname.lastname@example.org