Employer: John Snow
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 9th August 2013
The IT Systems Administrator will work under the guidance of IT Manager; he / she will provide first line support to JSI staff, in IT related problems.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• To create and manage user profile on Active Directory and exchange mailboxes.
• To maintaining and troubleshoot servers.
• Maintain and monitor server performances and other network devices.
• Verify that peripherals are working properly
• Monitor communication between network peripherals
• To maintain logs for server and all network related equipment for better performances
• To work with Network Admin to plan, co-ordinate, and implement preventive maintenance and security patches for local machines, servers and network devices.
• To conduct systems performance tuning to enhance their performance.
• To maintain equipment inventories in the ICT unit
• Manage the modems bundle usage and its inventories
• To install, configure, and maintain server software, upgrade and patches.
• To ensure security of the equipment, server room access and the authentication to LAN/WAN network and applications to authorized users.
• Plan for backup strategies as a measure for preventive and disaster recovery.
• Perform routine/scheduled backups and archival of user and systems files stored on the network.
• Implement and maintain new and existing corporate, DMZ, and development of VM Ware infrastructure clusters running on HP server hardware.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
• At least 10 years in systems administration.
• Experience in working with Active Directories, Ms Exchange Server 2008 and Windows server Enterprise 2008 R2
• Considerable systems administration and security methods and techniques.
• Degree in computer science or relevant.
• Good understanding of hardware and software set –up and configuration.
• Valid professional certification is preferred.
• Intensive and extensive knowledge of standard computer languages, including LINUX and Windows OS.
• Good knowledge of IP addressing and TCP/IP networking.
• Strong knowledge of systems management practices and procedures.
• Should be hands on’ and a proactive person.
• Should prove to abide with JSI core values.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate for the above positions basing on qualification and experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training.
Human Resource Manager
John Snow, Inc.
Plot No. 392,
Toure Drive, Masaki
P.O .Box 9263
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Please indicate in the Subject line the position you are applying for. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful. JSI is an equal opportunity employer