Job Title: Shift in Charge
Employer: Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS)
Duty Station: Moshi, Kilimanjaro.
Application Deadline: 27th August 2013
• Carrying out activities as described in the Roads Traffic (maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001. The activities include the following:
• Weigh Motor Vehicles of Gross vehicle Weight (GVW) on our Public Roads.
• If the vehicle is found overloaded the Operator should impose road damage fee on the spot.
• Measure physical dimension of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle, and in case of noncompliance with vehicle dimension limits, the transporters should be caused to seek for a special permit.
• For trucks carrying abnormal loads with special permits, the Weighbridge Operator shall ascertain compliance to the permit. Any discrepancy should be reported to the Weighbridge in charge for appropriate action.
• Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed.
• Observe good customers care, dignity and integrity
• Report all matters to the Regional Manager
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Regional Manager
• Holder of a Degree in Engineering related field from recognized Higher Learning Institution/Colleges. Higher qualifications will have an added advantage.
• Age: Not above 40 and not below 35 years of age.
• Must be Computer literate (at least Advanced Certificate in Computer Applications)
• Must be fluent in English and Kiswahili languages
• Must be Tanzanian Citizen
Terms and Conditions of Service:
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of two years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
1. Enforcement of Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices
2. Overall Supervision of shift activities
How to Apply:
Only candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately/after being notified are invited to send their own handwritten application letters.
All interested candidates are required to apply to undersigned not later than 27th August 2013 attaching to their applications, CVs. copies of certificates, the names of three referees with their daytime telephone numbers and the candidate's own daytime telephone contact. Hand delivery is not permitted.
Application letters should be addressed to:
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 3051,
Ujenzi Buildings, Old Moshi Road,
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.