Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation Mission M&E Project
Employer: Management Systems International MSI - Tanzania
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th Sept 2013
The anticipated three-year USAID-funded Monitoring and Evaluation Mission M&E Project will provide on-the-ground support on performance monitoring, data verification, evaluation of the impact, output and outcome results and environmental compliance of the USAID/Tanzania program portfolio, covering the following technical areas:
• Economic Growth
• Democracy and Governance
• Natural Resources
• Partnership for Growth Initiative
MSI is recruiting for a Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist to oversee monitoring and evaluation, analyses and assessments throughout the life of the project, including the data collection, design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques.
• Responsible the design, quality development and production of all necessary evaluations reports.
• Conduct assessments, population based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses.
• Design of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
• Coordinate and be responsible for all data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and related tasks.
• Oversee, recruit for and ensure short-term technical experts and evaluation team members are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
• Oversee the maintenance of Mission and IPs PMPs.
• Serve as the evaluation team leader of select evaluations conducted under this contract as needed.
• Contribute substantively to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks.
• A Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Statistics or Economics; or a Master’s degree with minimum of five years demonstrated experience in the requested field
• At least ten years of demonstrated experience in the design and management of evaluations (impact and performance), analyses and assessments, including the dosing of the evaluation methodology, population based surveys, developing performance management plans, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques from large development projects.
• Ability to provide expert guidance to technical teams in developing and updating performance monitoring plans.
• Demonstrated M&E experience on USAID-funded projects in East and Southern Africa.
• Experience leading an evaluation team.
• Familiarity with current USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.