Employer: Eastern Africa Statistical Training Centre (EASTC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th August 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Teaches students up to NTA level 10 (PhD level).
• Guide and supervise students in building up their practical and research projects.
• Prepare learning resources and design training exercise for students.
• Conduct consultancy and community services.
• Undertake individual research.
• Supervise and guide post-graduate students.
• Prepare teaching manuals, simulations and case studies for training.
• Coach junior teaching staff.
• Assume managerial leadership roles e.g. Coordination of academic programmes or major research projects and consultancy.
Qualifications and Experience:
• PhD in Official Statistics from a recognized higher learning institution.
• Should as well have experience in teaching, research and consultancy in Industrial
• Statistics; Agricultural Statistics; Trade Statistics; Price Statistics and Index Numbers; National Accounts – SUT and SAMs as well as Actuarial Science
• Should also have worked as Senior Lecturer in a recognized higher learning institution, and has published at least three papers in international journals.
Terms of Contract
• Permanent and pensionable terms and favorable conditions of service
Attractive remuneration salary according to institution`s scale PHTS 13
How to Apply
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated. Send an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers to:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
Dar Es Salaam