Job Title: Senior Human Resources Specialist (One Post)
Employer: Compassion International Tanzania (CIT),
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline:23rd Aug 2013
Compassion International Tanzania is an Evangelical Christian holistic child development ministry dedicated to the needy children of Tanzania. Compassion's seeking to recruit and hire a Tanzanian qualified professional to fill the position of
Senior Human Resources Specialist
Core Duties and Responsibilities
• Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Working within one's influence, serves as an advocate for children around the world who live in poverty and are not able to speak out for themselves. This includes being informed about the issues of children and influencing others to care about children who are in need.
• Champions an effective work environment. Serves as an internal consultant to the CMT on all Human Resources matters, including systems, employee engagement, employee relations and change management. Develops an HR strategic plan in alignment with the field office strategic plan. Develops monitors and uses HR metrics for CMT decision making.
• Develops. Field Office recruitment strategy based on local talent pool availability, staffing needs and ministry priority.
• Ensures effective and efficient staff selection processes (recruiting, screening, interviewing) in alignment with Compassion policies and procedures. Provides counsel & guidance to department managers in the final selection of candidates.
• Designs and presents an effective Compensation and Benefits program for the Field Office consistent with Compassion's global compensation philosophy, policies and applicable labor laws. Ensures that annual salary and benefits surveys are conducted and that pay structures are analyzed against the competitive local labor market. Makes recommendations for adjustments.
Administers Staff development processes and solutions:
• Manages performance management processes by providing guidance and ensuring adequate tools and training for all field office staff. Also provides guidance & training for supervisors and/or new managers in conducting performance reviews for their employees. Serves as a consultant in times of conflict.
• Compiles reviews and presents an annual staff development plan to management for approval. Collaborates with managers, staff, and the Learning and Support function to ensure alignment with the staff development framework and IPG learning strategy.
• Monitors and provides periodic reports on the execution of the annual staff development plan to the Country Management Team.
• Establishes with department managers a thorough and consistent employee orientation program.
• Collaborates with Learning and Support to identify training needs and provides recommendations to managers. Acts as a subject matter expert on HR issues and may deliver training.
• Conducts annual reviews of office policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters and makes recommendations to the CMT for improvement. Guides the Human Resources Associate in maintaining the Field Office Employee
• Handbook, and ensures successful communication of policies to all employees Manages all activities and record-keeping of the HR department. Ensures compliance with all country labor laws and Compassion policies. Consults with legal counsel as appropriate. Supervises Human Resources Associate(s).
Manages other processes and HR functions including:
• Employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
• Supports rewriting or creating of new job descriptions according to Compassion's guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Mature Evangelical Christian who is a demonstrated spiritual leader, has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and is above reproach in integrity and honesty.
• At least five years of experience in Human Resources and experience in supervision and management.
• Master's degree in Human Resources Management, Business administration, or a related field.
• Must be highly knowledgeable of local labor laws.
• Capability to handle highly confidential information discreetly.
• Preferred numerical aptitude and accuracy.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for building support with in-house staff and relationships with external business contacts.
• Bilingual; able to speak and write in advanced Business English.
• Desired experience training and developing staff.
• Sound judgment, decision-making and facilitation skills.
• Ability to work effectively across cultures and with all levels of personnel both at the Field Office, Area/Regional Office and Global Ministry Centre office.
• Experience using Microsoft Office software applications and a personal computer.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of this job. It may be necessary for a person to perform other tasks as needed.
How to Apply:
Interested and suitably qualified Tanzanians should forward their applications ,including application letter, a referral letter from his/her pastor, a detailed up to date CV, 2 current passport size photographs, and copies of all academic and professional credentials to:
Compassion International Tanzania (CIT),
P. O. Box 3064, Arusha
Only the short listed shall be contacted