Employer: Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa: (DLCQ-EA)
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 7th Sept 2013
The Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa invites applicants for the following post of Research Officer
Salary and Benefits
Scale R4(b) Entry point negotiable [US$17,787.00 -19,146.00) Per Annum (p. a), and other benefits as per the Organization's Service regulations.]
Age Limit: 35 -50 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works closely with Air Unit during Quelea control operations and particularly in the insecticide field trials and Quelea surveys.
• Initiates, plans and carries out investigations relevant to the development of a new programme for regional control of Quelea.
• Undertakes all the necessary field work associated with the development of the control work of quelea and other migrant pests as may be required.
• Carries out research work for promoting and updating the knowledge of the biology, ecology and chemical control of quelea birds.
• Participates actively in Ouelea control operations in conjunction with the Air Unit.
• Prepares and participates in training for DLCO-EA staff and nationals of DLCO-EA Member States.
• A Masters Degree in Biological Sciences from a recognized University.
• A PhD in relevant field will be advantageous.
• In addition, at least 5 years post-graduate experience of the Quelea control and other migrant pests research and control problems.
• Ability to work in harmony with people of different national and cultural backgrounds is highly desirable.
• Be computer literate and proficient in data collection analysis and report writing.
How to Apply:
Send applications with copies of Educational testimonies and CV should be sent within 30 days from the date of publication to:
DLCO-EA Base Manager
P.O. Box 593
P.O. Box 4255
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia