Job Title: Regional Clinical Coordinator
Employer: Walter Reed Program
Duty Station: Rukwa
Application Deadline: 28th Aug 2013
Walter Reed Program is seeking qualified candidate to fill the position above
This position is established for the effective delivery and efficient transport services for the program staff and activities as required in favor of Walter Reed Program Southern Highlands HIV/AIDS support.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate and support implementation of care and treatment, PMTCT, PITC and TB/HIV in Rukwa Region
• Provide support to the Regional Medical Office and District Health Offices in planning, coordinating and supervision of regional wide scale up of Anti-retroviral therapy (ART) services
• Monitor and evaluate of ART services in collaboration with HJFMRI M&E team, program performance in the region.
• Coordinate ART related training activities for health workers in palliative care
• Develop timely and accurate reports and documenting project lessons learnt and best practices
• Provide an ongoing programmatic, management and financial oversight of funded ART activities required by the project.
• Attend meetings both in Mbeya and where necessary in Dar es Salaam
• Strengthen linkage of ART services and community HIV/AIDS services through collaboration internally and also with other key stakeholders in the region.
• Ensure improved linkages between health facility cares with community palliative services provided by CHBC givers.
• Strengthen and ensure continuum of care and a good flow of patient movement in the form of referral system to and from all health facility levels, home setting and the community.
• Build capacity and provide technical support, project/programme and financial managerial support to NGOs and CSOs as well as to formal and inform community groups engaged in HIV/AIDS, PEPFAR funded activities.
• Work closely with Outreach Coordinator to ensure strengthened linkage, coordination and partnership between the Regional/Council Health Management Teams(R/CHMTs), community local partners (NGOs/FBO) and their corresponding Council Multi-sector AIDS Committees (CMACs)
• Also ensuring optimal use of available resources for the program under his/her jurisdiction.
• Any other duties or assignment in the support of the programme
• Training as MD required. Masters in Public Health or equivalent desirable.
• At least 5 years of experience in HIV/AIDS programming and clinical experience in management of HIV/AIDS patients.
• Ability to travel at least 40% of the time within the region
• Clear understanding of Tanzania health structure and system
• Diplomatic and culturally sensitive with excellent communications skills.
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity and flexibility in problem solving.
• Fluent in oral and written English.
How to Apply:
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to;
The Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya
Or e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walter Reed Program is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.