Job Title: Regional Business Manager
Employer: Kilimo Markets Ltd
Duty Station: Arusha, Karatu
Application Deadline:30th Aug 2013
Kilimo Markets Ltd is a young, growing and innovative private business with a social impact working in the agriculture sector providing business services to small holder farmers in Northern Tanzania.
The company invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy currently based in Karatu, but with potential travels to other areas in Tanzania.
• Strengthen business services to existing and new farmer groups in agribusinesses.
• Establish and manage legal and financial business contracts between farmer groups and Kilimo Markets
• Manage market contracts, logistics, and warehousing commodities directly to regional and international markets
• Manage the district/regional warehouses and its staff with respect to the Warehouse Receipt System (WRS)
• Ensure quality of the grain in warehousing through improved and implemented quality control and record keeping systems
• Implement a performance monitoring & evaluation system
• Manage financial reporting on daily basis between farmers and Kilimo Markets
• Closely liaise with local Government, village and farmer groups leaders and other stakeholders
• Promotion of Kilimo Markets to new villages and sensitization of new villages
• Develop business training material.
• Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Law, Logistics, Food Technology, Marketing or equivalent.
• At least 3-5 years practical experience in business or managing business, preferred agribusiness
• Over 2 years of experience in leadership positions or demonstrated progressive responsibility in management.
• Preferred: Extensive knowledge of finance, farmer business, and warehouse operation.
• Experience in designing and implementing training material
• Ability in managing and developing staff
• Demonstrated capacity in designing monitoring & evaluation/business development systems and reports in English and Kiswahili
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse array of people
• Innovation with excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and with a high focus on integrity
• High attraction to work with a growing business and serve small farmers
• Willingness to travel and live in Karatu
How to Apply:
Send your CV and a cover letter back to the HR office email address; email@example.com and interested applicants are invited to download an application form at www.kilimomarkets.com