Duty Station: Tanga, Pangani
Application Deadline:12th Aug 2013
UZIKWASA is looking for a committed, highly motivated and energetic Tanzanian for the position of a Radio Station Manager
• Supervises radio staff to ensure high level of performance in information collection, program production and presentation. Ensures adherence to professional editorial standards, ethics and compliance with all legal requirements and relevant broadcast regulations in Tanzania.
• Effectively monitors radio programs and ensures proper documentation and program storage.
• Ensures adequate handling, safe storage of radio equipment and supplies and facilitates regular maintenance.
• In consultation with UZIKWASA management develops a fund raising strategy and promotes income generation to maintain financial sustainability of the radio station.
• In collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation team s/he ensures the development and use of appropriate feedback systems/ tools from the community.
• Maintain effective partnerships with collaborators at District level and beyond.
• The applicant is confident in managing a creative team and able to develop others to their full capacity, S/he encourages innovativeness and creativity in program design. This includes ability to provide and receive feedback and facilitate critical and constructive output reviews. S/he is capable to work under pressure and resolute in managing conflicts.
• S/he is keen to work in an environment of shared learning and innovation.
• Degree in Journalism/ Mass communication or similar qualification.
• Experience in office management and administration and at least 3 year's experience of working with a radio station is a must.
• Advanced computer skills including familiarity with common editing software such as Adobe audition. Proficiency in Kiswahili and English (written and spoken) is a requirement.
How to Apply:
Send your C.V and at least two letters of reference;. a statement of not more than one page on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; UZIKWASA is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encouraged to apply. Deadline for applications: August 12, 2013
P.O Box 1,