Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Employer: Genesis Consult Ltd
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th August 2013
• Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
• Meeting with suppliers and managing the distribution of stock, by negotiating cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates, and completing the necessary paperwork.
• Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Purchase materials in a timely manner and at the lowest cost.
• Assist in the preparation and management of the purchasing function.
• Analyze trends in vendor pricing and sales activity to determine correct timing of purchases
• Issue purchase orders and changes.
• Verify accuracy of computerized purchasing records.
• Review purchase orders for compliance with corporate policy.
• Maintain accurate purchase order prices and vendor cataloging.
• Coordination and communication with Logistics and Production departments regarding the items that is required to be procured for a location’s inventory.
• Accompanying heads of department or senior management on visits to manufacturers to appreciate production processes;
• Manages supplier relationship management for strategic suppliers.
• Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
• Works closely with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payments and proper accounting/purchasing acumen.
• Co-ordination with transporters/CFS agents/Shipping lines.
• Manages the purchase order process (closing PO’s, closing requisitions, pay-terms, PO documentation, shipping, etc.)
• Any other duty assigned by your immediate boss or top management under the ‘Sales’ function.
Qualifications and skills:
• Degrees in Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or Purchasing.
• Maintain proficiency in computerized purchasing/business systems.
• Sound knowledge of accounting and inventory management principles.
• Technical expertise and knowledge of company products.
• Effective negotiation skills; people management; persuasion skills.
• Analytical skills & business acumen; creativity and maintain customer relationships.
• Fluency in English and Swahili both written and spoken.
• Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
• Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior.
• Remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in work environment.
• Computer skills, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets
• At least 3 years of purchasing experience (e.g. IT equipment, construction materials, office supplies, professional services, etc.)
How to apply:
Genesis Consult Ltd shall only accept CV in PDF Format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title as ‘Purchasing Manager.’ No phone calls please.