Job Title: Programme Officer
Employer: Jukwaa La Katiba Tanzania (JUKATA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 9th Sept 2013
• Develop work plans with clear, achievable and measurable objectives in the constitution making process
• Promote local ownership and sustainability of the constitution making process through capacity building of the media, CBOs, NGOs, and FBOs in the regions in collaboration with other organisations in the steering committee.
• Analyse policies, acts and facilitate/participate in debates for their review
• Prepare press statements on various issues of constitution making process and implementation of the new constitution
• Quarterly and annual reporting on project implementation
• Participate in activities organised by other stakeholders relevant to the Constitution making process.
• Assist in development and utilization of appropriate tools for monitoring, evaluation and reporting of constitution making process
• Assist in fundraising for JUKATA activities
• Carry out research on Katiba issues
• Any other duties as may be mutually agreed with Jukwaa la Katiba management.
• In addition the Programme Officer will be expected to:
• Ensure that project activities are carried out in conformance with donor requirements.
• Ensure that gender issues are appropriately addressed within the constitution making process.
• Support and promote the development of proposals for donor funding in furtherance of project objectives.
• Participate as a key member of Jukwaa la Katiba Tanzania program management team.
• Adhere to work ethics
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors or Masters Degree
• Experience of more than 3 years working with NGOs in the same field
• Must have analytical skills
• Ready to work extended hours or weekends if required
How to Apply:
Please submit your application with names and contacts of three referees to:
Dar es salaam