Job Title: Programme Administrator
Employer: Financial Sector Deepening Trust (FSDT)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Application Deadline: 9th Sept 2013
• Providing support to the Technical Director (TD), Technical Manager (TM) and Finance Manager (FM) in setting up contracts and grant agreements for FSDT, including agreeing performance targets with FSDT clients;
• Provide support across technical projects in remote access finance, enterprise finance and agricultural/rural finance projects;
• Support Project Specialists on monitoring and evaluation activities as directed by the TM and TD;
• In consultation with the TD and TM ensure relevant reports are distributed as necessary; and
• Carry out other project specific tasks assigned by the TM.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Support in selecting consultants and contractors needed to implement FSDT-funded projects;
• Leading in setting up contracts and grant agreements for FSDT, including agreeing performance targets with FSDT clients;
• Track all payments under FSDT contracts and funding agreements and highlight any problem in contracts or payments to the TD, TM or other executive as appropriate, and to the FM;
• Provide support to the FSDT’s overall monitoring and evaluation process, including reviewing performance targets and alerting the TD, TM and others to significant
• Ensure that performance reports are submitted by investees and reviewed on time;
• Support the TD and TM in undertaking occasional field visits as part of the monitoring of the FSDT projects and also carry out spot checks from time to time;
• In consultation with the TD ensure relevant FSDT reports are prepared and distributed as necessary;
• Perform research tasks delegated to by the TD, TM and other specialists;
• Support preparation of papers and presentations to disseminate knowledge and other information resulting from FSDT projects and programmes to a wide range of interested parties; and
• Carry out other project specific tasks assigned by the TD.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of a first degree level or equivalent in Finance/ Accounting, or other relevant fields.
• At least 3 years’ previous work experience. Experience in the financial sector will be an added advantage.
• Experience in project or programme administration.
• Good planner, clear and logical thinker, a team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate (especially MS Office and MS
• Must be a Tanzanian national. Women are strongly encouraged to apply although appointment will be purely on merit.
Remuneration will depend on the experience and
qualifications of the successful applicant.
How to Apply:
Send your CV, copies of certificates and qualifications, and three referees names to:
Executive Search and Selection,
People and Change Advisory,
Pemba House, 369 Toure Drive,
P O Box 45, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.