Job Title: Program Unit Manager-(One Post)
Employer: Plan International Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline:14th Aug 2013
Plan Tanzania now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced persons to fill the positions of Program Unit Manager
Plan Tanzania CSP and PULTP are delivered Key functions
• Have a baseline survey at the PU level on data on child poverty in the child rights perspective .
• Responding to changes on child poverty status by updating the PULTP in line with the CSP
• Ensuring that CCCD /HRBAD and program approaches are effectively understood and applied across the PU .
• Ensuring that PULTP and AP budgets are aligned with the organisational vision mission, CSP and the Global strategy.
• Develop and implement timely, quality and sound projects
• Identify and engage key partners at the district in delivering quality programs in line with the PULTPs.
• PU staff are supported to deliver quality programs .
• Staff capacity is built and their performance monitored .
• Identify skill gaps and suggest to PCD/CMT for capacity building'
• Enhance team performance through learning exchange visits among PUs
• Staff development plans are monitored and acted upon
• Identify best and potential performers for mentoring
• Prepare clear staff KPI as per relevant job requirement
• Build motivated and high performing team
• Reputation of Plan Tanzania national and locally maintained
• Create and maintain functional and strategic partnership for delivering programs
• Share best practices with partners and within plan Tanzania
• Document lessons learnt and scaling up good practices
• Prepare and share timely, accurate and quality reports across plan
• PU budgets well utilised
• Prepare timely and accurate budgets inline with CSP and PUL TP
• Innovate cost saving and cost effective programs
• Establish and adhere to internal control systems
• Update Risk database and work on the AAL as per the internal and external audits reports and suggestions
• Monitor project implementations to reduce delayed implementation.
• PU sponsor/child relationship enhanced and maintained.
• Ensure consistency of information from SC to sponsor
• Improve quality and timely sponsorship communication documentation
• Enhance sponsor satisfaction through timely-response of queries
• Increase income through increasing SC assignment rate
• Degree in any related developmental studies
• Understand development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implication to community (child) development.
• Knowledge of development issue especially those impacting child rights realisation
• Knowledge of cross cutting issues of gender, environment and child rights
• Knowledge on child right programming.
• Experience on project management cycle especially on the participatory approach
• Knowledge on people, financial management, Budget and grant management
• Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills creating and communicating team vision
• Good and sound financial management skills
• Problem and conflict solving, People management, Negotiation, Strong interpersonal skills Ability to manage risks
• Facilitation, ability to multi - task, Lobbying and advocacy skills Computer literate and Good English language skills (oral/written)
Plan Tanzania is a child centered organization, Protecting the rights of the children is of paramount interest to us. Subsequently, all short listed candidates will undergo a police vetting check for criminal offences particularly relating to any type of child abuse, The successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to the Plan Tanzania child protection policy.
The above positions carry attractive remuneration as per Plan Tanzania salary structure and incentive package.
How to Apply:
Send applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact to;
Country Human Resources Manager
Plan International Tanzania
Central Technology Building (CT House)
Plot # 96, Mikocheni Light Industrial Area Off. New Bagamoyo road next to TBC P. O. Box 3517
Dar es Salaam,