Job Title: Program Assistant (Training)
Employer: IOM International Organization for Migration
Duty Station: Moshi
Application Deadline:15th Aug 2013
• Under the direct supervision of the Training Specialist and Migration Management Specialist within the African Capacity building Center (ACBC) in Moshi the incumbent will be responsible for implementing programme activities.
• Particular s/he will:
• Undertake all necessary actions to plan and prepare all related logistical arrangements, travel and visa arrangements, accommodation, facility and other hardware rentals, etc in order to support the implementation of any of the training courses facilitated by the ACBC either in Moshi or any other location across Africa.
• Maintain a database of training participants and other contacts, in addition maintain and manage the ACBC information management process by entering, organizing maintaining and analyzing data and files.
• Draft official correspondence including letters of introduction, invitations, letters of appreciation, certificates, etc relating to all activities of the ACBC.
• Manage and undertake the preparation, input, editing and design of background material, power-point presentations and training material _ including training material that focuses on specialized topics for immigration officers.
• Undertake the delivery and facilitation of limited training sessions - including sessions that focus on specialized topics for immigration officers.
• Provide secretarial support to workshops, meetings and training courses facilitated by the ACBC including the recording of official notes and minutes; registration of participants; photocopying and printing resource material; and any other tasks identified to officially support the ACBC events.
• Liaise and coordinate with government officials regarding details of events, confirmation of participants, confirmation of travel arrangements and visa requirements, etc.
• Maintain a database of service providers, including names, contact details, costs, types of services and quality of service, that provide facility or resource support for training workshops across Africa.
• Undertake the planning, direction and coordination of administrative- and financial support required for managing the operation of the ACBC in accordance with 10M regulations and established procedures.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Training Specialist/Migration Management Specialist of the ACBC.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
• University degree in Political, Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or alternatively an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience; a minimum of 3-5 years experience in assisting with the organization, logistics, preparation, sign and delivery of training courses; familiarity with local and regional political customs and expectations; experience dealing working with regional bodies including, for example, the East African Community (EAC); knowledge of migration management principles and I or local experience with migration management and in particular, experience of assisting training migration management an advantage.
• Excellent operational, organizational and communication skills and the ability to work harmoniously with other colleagues from verse backgrounds; Ability to guide, coordinate, and facilitate planning and execution processes; Good skills in organizing sources and establishing priorities; May be required to travel.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili. Other language/s will be an advantage.
How to Apply:
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Vacancy Notice Number, with three professional references and contacts (email or telephone) to the:
The Resource Management Officer
Plot # 1365, Slipway Road, Off Chole Road
P.O. Box 9270, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Telephone: +255 22 2602913/2602935 Fax: +255 22 2602782