Job Title: Technical Advisor, Program and Public Health Evaluation,
Employer: EGPAF Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 13 th August, 2013 .
EGPAF Tanzania works closely with the USG team, the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and other partners in Tanzania, including the regional and district council health teams, to support integrated RCH/PMTCT services in six regions, HIV Care and treatment services in four regions and community HBC services in three regions on mainland Tanzania and on Zanzibar. EGPAF's approach is to support the MOHSW in building capacity of local government authorities to implement, coordinate and sustain comprehensive and integrated HIV/AIDS services.
The Technical Advisor Program and Public Health Evaluation will work closely with the program team and the SI&E team to design and oversee the implementation of public health evaluations and other operations research and program assessments with the purpose of identifying improved models of RCH/PMTCT and care and treatment program implementation and enhancing program quality. The technical advisor will also make scientific information accessible to EGPAF national program and MOHSW staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate the implementation of public health evaluations and operations research in the EGPAF Tanzania programs, including:
• development of protocols
• coordinate IRB approval process
• coordinate recruitment
• support training of field staff
• ensure adequate supervision and data quality assurance
• management of budget
• coordination of data analysis
• development and implementation of dissemination plan
• Support the Strategic Information & Evaluation department to conduct structured program assessment and routine evaluations of activities to improve program efficiency and effectiveness
• Provide training and mentorship to in-country colleagues in the conceptualization, design, conduct and analysis of public health/program evaluations to advance their knowledge, experience, and further their career development
• Specifically work closely with the Program Coordinator PHE in all activities and act as coach / mentor to build his/her capacity to coordinate and implement program evaluation and operational research activities
• Work closely with the Technical team to identify priority program and public health evaluation questions
• Work closely with the Technical team to identify and evaluate interventions to address key programmatic gaps/bottlenecks using strong scientific methodology to inform the program, MOH, and the broader HIV field
• Collaborate with the Foundation's SI&E Team to utilize program data to support program assessments and design and implement operational and evaluation research for global program improvement
• Collaborate with the global Research team to leverage global expertise and share experiences
• Serve as source of scientific information on HIV/AIDS, review of relevant scientific literature, and provide updates on results of current research in the field for staff to ensure evidence based programming and program responsiveness to the emerging evidence in the field
• Encourage and facilitate the sharing of research and evaluation related activities between EGPAF supported country programs, including dissemination of results
• Support the management to identify resources to enable to expand the research portfolio within EGPAF Tanzania, including proposal writing.
• Coordinate with other partners accessing and providing scientific information and expert advice
• Master degree in Epidemiology, MD, PhD or similar advanced degree in public health, maternal child health or HIV related health science
• Minimum of 3 years clinical or implementation/operations, or behavioral research experience required
• Proven experience in providing technical support to health professionals in evaluation design, quantitative, qualitative, and/or operations/implementation research methodologies, and study implementation in developing countries
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and understanding of HIV, PMTCT, MCH, and HIV care and treatment
• Experience in working for an international NGO in developing countries
• Knowledge of USAID / CDC procedures, rules and regulations
• Demonstrated experience in the development of research proposals and management of research in developing countries
• Knowledge of protection of human subjects in research and ethics regulations to ensure compliance with all local and international requirements
• Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize, take initiative and follow-through
• Ability to exercise diplomacy and build partnerships and consensus, within teams, governmental agencies and with other stakeholders
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written, are required
• Ability to relate and work well cross-culturally
• Ability to travel to the supported regions and districts.
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and these positions are open to all. Qualified candidates should submit their CV and cover letter explaining how their experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position.
Submissions to be sent to:
The Human Resource Manager,
P.O. BOX 1628,
Oysterbay, Haile Selasie Road Plot # 8 & 10,
Dar es Salaam,
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org