Employer: Tanzania Ports Authority,
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 5th September, 2013
Duties and responsibilities:
• In-Charge of the Supplies and Inventory Management section;
• Advises management on policy matters related to store management and warehousing; Reviews the provision, of stock-holding and stock control policies on a progressive basis and in liaison with users and stores.
• Ensures that supplies accounting and other stores procedures are followed and updated as necessary;
• Ensures timely availability of quality materials and services to support business operations, maintain optimum stock and reduce stockholding value;
• Manages valuable stocks/assets and materials not absorbed by operations, arranging for disposal of such items like unserviceable equipment, scrap and other assets Withdrawn from services;
• Consolidates materials budget for TPA;
• Supervises, appraises staff and identifies their development and training needs; Performs any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Materials Management;
• CSP, ISP, or CPA registered by the NBMM or any other professionally recognized body
• A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible working experience, of which three (3) years should be in senior position;
• Computer Literacy
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive and competitive remuneration package commensurate with Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) Remuneration schemes.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and applications to:
Chairman of the Board of Directors,
Tanzania Ports Authority,
P.O. Box 9184,
Dar es Salaam,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.