Employer: Management Systems International MSI - Tanzania
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th Sept 2013
The anticipated three-year USAID-funded Monitoring and Evaluation Mission M&E Project will provide on-the-ground support on performance monitoring, data verification, evaluation of the impact, output and outcome results and environmental compliance of the USAID/Tanzania program portfolio, covering the following technical areas:
• Economic Growth
• Democracy and Governance
• Natural Resources
• Partnership for Growth Initiative
MSI is recruiting for a Senior Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to be embedded in the Government of Tanzania (GOT), directly supervising the Partnership for Growth (PFG) component for the project.
• To facilitate performance monitoring and evaluation as indicated in PFG work plans and score cards. Conduct and/or facilitate data collection and reports preparation, follow-up on communication and logistical needs from pertinent ministries and agencies
• Work regularly with the GOT-PFG secretariat housed at the President's Office of Planning Commission.
• Coordinate M&E efforts with the USAID/Tanzania mission and other GOT offices (e.g. PMO).
• Develop and implement a strategy that will ensure sustainability of performance monitoring & evaluation process even after the five-year implementation of PFG.
• Coordinate and be responsible for all data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and related tasks.
• Facilitate training and capacity building of M & E staff and/or units from different GOT ministries & agencies.
• A Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Statistics or Economics with ten years of demonstrated experience in M&E systems design, management and implementing development projects at a senior level; or a Master’s degree with minimum of five years demonstrated experience in the requested field
• Experience and knowledge in working with GOT and monitoring and System framework of MKUKUTA.
• Proven experience working within the GOT (former GOT employee will be preferred).
• Ability to provide expert guidance to technical teams in developing and updating performance monitoring plans.
• Demonstrated M&E experience on USAID-funded projects in East and Southern Africa.
• Experience leading an evaluation team.
• Familiarity with current USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management.
• Fluent speaking Kiswahili language is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.